Monday, September 28, 2009

The Rules

I've created this blog in an attempt to get fit after a rather bad year of mistakes training for my 2nd marathon. My goals are:

a) complete the workouts I've set for myself over the next few months
b) get to 12% body fat
c) gain back my fitness that I've lost by concentrating only on running
d) re-taining for a marathon at a pace I feel comfortable with and enjoy

I will change the above into SMART goals sound but these are the broad goals. And now for the rules. Instead of writing up each day what I've done as it should be the same I'm writing down the rules that I first used to loose all the weight, tone up and get fit. When I break these rules I'll write it up.

The rules:
1. Drink 2 litres of water a day
2. Add at least one cup of green tea a day
3. Eat 6 to 8 times day - small and oftern
4. Breakfast should be wheatbix or All bran or porridge.
5. Stick with it at the weekends
6. Have a mid-moring and mid-afternoon snack of either yoghurt and fruit or handful of mixed nuts or combo of all 3.
7. Go for a salad with some meat for lunch (avoid dressing and only use a tbsp of olive oil and lemon juice)
8. For dinner have a steak/fish or chicken
9. Stop eating after 8:00 or if not at least 2 hours before bed
10. If hungry after 8:00 go for low fat yogurt (those Irish yogurts - the Diet ones are great).
11. Never go hungry.
12. Use a stopwatch to time hungry pangs. After eating, kick it off. If after 20 minuts and still hungry eat something.
13. Avoid starchy carbs like breads or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment