Friday, October 9, 2009

Week 2 - PHA workout 3 + Super Spin Class

2009-10-09 Friday

Location: CS gym
Time: Morning before work

Started my third of PHA workouts.

Location CS gym
Time: During lunch

Super spin. After the spin class discussed my running with one of the trainers. They tested my hamstring flexibility by getting me to lie on the ground and lifted my legs by the ankle making sure I didn't contract any leg muscles.

Then the trainer applied serious pressure to my jaw muscles (thought my jaw was going to snap) and got me to open my mouth while he was doing it. He then retested my hamstrings and they showed an improvement! He said this was due to connections in the myofascial tendons/muscles (?).

He also told me to get a lower body structural balance test.

Questions:
- How does myofascial release work?
- What are myofascial trigger points?
- What is a lower body structural balance test?

No comments:

Post a Comment